I am teaching a new class for Project Polymath, “Introduction to the Creative Economy.” This is a FREE online class that begins March 7, 2011 and continues online for ten weeks. Project Polymath is a nonprofit organization whose
mission is to: (1) Train an unprecedented number of Renaissance thinkers, emphasizing creativity, leadership, and innovation, and (2) Watch them apply their creativity and skills on a large scale to profoundly improve society. They ask “One da Vinci changed the world. What could thousands do?”
There will be one lecture/presentation per week with some readings and directed discussions. This is a FREE class and there is no academic credit attached to it. Right now there are 26students enrolled from seven countries!
Topics we will cover include:
- What is “creativity” and what’s so great about it?
- Creativity in the life of the nation – its heritage and promise
- Creativity and the economy – scope and trends
- Innovation and business
- Careers in the Creative Economy
- Public policy issues relating to creativity
- Regional creativity policy in the USA
- Global innovation policy – the race for Big Brains
To find out more and to sign up for this class, go to http://www.polymathlectures.org.